SPECIALISING IN INSULATED RENDER SYSTEMS
BRICK RENDER IS AN ALTERNITIVE SOLUTION TO TRADITIONAL RENDER THAT GIVES AN AUTHENTIC BRICK LIKE EFFECT.A SERIES OF UNIQUE APPLICATION TECHNIQUES ARE COMBINED TOGETHER TO PROVIDE THE BRICK LIKE FINISH YOU SEE HERE.THIS CAN BE APPLIED TO MATCH ANY EXISTING BRICK
Over a third of the energy required to heat a property escapes through the external walls.
External Wall Insulation Systems were introduced in Britain in the 1960s, but it is only the last 10 years that it has really been established. External Wall Installation is a way to insulate houses which do not have standard cavity walls but solid walls or non-traditional construction techniques.
The system helps the fabric of the building to act as a heat store increasing the thermal efficiency of the property. Other benefits from External wall installation would be to reduce drafts, condensation and mould growth on the outside walls of a property. Overall wall installation will improve the appearance of your home and possibly reduce your heating bills.
How is External Wall Insulation installed?
Base Rails & Surface profiles are attached
Beads and trims are then installed
Insulation boards are then fixed by adhesive and mechanically fixed in a brickwork fashion.
Scrim Adhesive is used to coat the insulation boards.
Bed in Alkali resistant reinforcing mesh into top of the third scrim of adhesive.
Apply corner reinforcements and bed in additional stress patches positioned at windows and door openings.
Fix surface Render Beads.
Once Scrim is dry, a second coat of scrim is applied to the entire wall surface to ensure all mesh is fully coated.
An application of primer is next and left to dry.
A decorative finish of render is then applied in a specifically chosen colour.
Where heat is lost from your home?
Why Have EWI Installation?
* The system is applied with minimal disruption to the household and does not require internal access to the property.
* It improves the appearance of the property, potentially increasing the value of the property.
* It improves weatherproofing of the property as well as improving the properties sound resistance.
* Reduces condensation on the internal walls and helps prevn damp (but will not solve rising and penetrating damp)
* Helps to make the property more airtight reducing drafts and heat loss.
* It can increase the lifespan of the property by protecting the existing substrate from the elements.